Fast Action Yeast
Dried Fruit Mix
FOR THE DOUGH
sugar, orange juice, plain flour & water
FOR THE TOP
HOW TO MAKE 8-10:
1. 250mls oat milk – heat slowly & add 1tsp fast action yeast & 2 tbsp sugar. Whisk until frothing, then take off the heat
2. 3 ½ cups wholemeal flour, 2tbsp allspice, 1 pinch of salt, 1 cup of dried fruit, zest of 1 lemon – combine
3. 2tbsp rapeseed oil, juice of 1 orange & warm milk mixture – slowly add to the dry mixture & combine
4. Combine & knead the mixture on a lightly floured surface for 5 minute & then place in a bowl, covering with a damp tea towel or oiled cling film in a warm place for an hour, until it has risen
5. When the dough has risen knead again for a further 10 minutes then divide into equal size balls - heat the oven to a high temperature
6. For the crosses, mix 3 parts plain flour & 1 part water together – spoon into an icing bag (sandwich bags are fine), snip a small hole in the end & pipe even crosses over the buns
7. Cook the buns for 20 minutes – while cooking make a glaze: 2tbsp’s orange juice & 2tbsp’s sugar, combine and heat to make a syrup
8. After 20 minutes, take out buns, brush over each with the glaze then enjoy FRESH*!
*toasted a few days later with a salty spread...DIVINE!