Sweet Vine Tomatoes
Extra Virgin Olive oil
Salt & Pepper
FOR THE FLAVOUR
haricot beans & sunflower rye bread
FOR THE 'BEANS' & THE 'TOAST'!
HOW TO MAKE ENOUGH FOR 4:
1. 2 cups of haricot beans, covered in water & left to soak overnight (if you don’t have all night then bring to the boil and leave for 5 hours)
the next day/5 boiled hours later…
2. 1 sliced lemon, 1 chopped red onion, 3 sliced shallots, 5 crushed cloves of garlic, 4-5 halved medium tomatoes, a handful of sweet vine tomatoes & a few sage leaves – place all in a pan, cover in oil then sprinkle with salt & pepper before roasting on a medium-high heat for 45 minutes
3. drain the beans, re-cover in fresh cold water & bring to the boil for 10 minutes – simmer until soft then drain
4. remove the roast veg from the oven & take out the lemon skin
5. place into a dish with high sides or a blender then blitz veg until as smooth as you like
6. toast your slices – I love sunflower & rye but take your pick from what you have & like to eat
7. combine your delicious roast vegetable sauce with your haricot beans – stir until beans are fully covered then share out & ENJOY!!