FOR THE TORTELLINI
sun dried tomatoes, blue cheese & pepper
FOR THE FILLING!
HOW TO MAKE ENOUGH TORTELLINI FOR 4:
1. 100 grams sun dried tomatoes (1-2 handfuls), 150 grams of blue cheese (I love a creamy gorgonzola but choose your fave) – combine in bowl, add a pinch of black pepper & blitz until the ingredients have combined into a chunky creamy texture
* It’s important to make the filling for the pasta first - we don’t want it to dry out before folding*
2. 1 1/2 cups of flour & 2 eggs – pile the flour high, make a hole in the centre and crack the eggs in, use a fork to beat the eggs adding flour, until both are fully blended
* If the mixture is too dry and crumbly, add a little lukewarm warmer. Too wet, add more flour*
3. Kneed the pasta dough until it is an even consistency – it should never stick to your fingers, if it does add more flour and continue kneeding
4. When the dough ball is ready, flatten & cut into 1-2 cm’s squared pieces
5. If you have a pasta machine, start at the largest setting & slowly pass the pasta through the rollers, adding more flour if sticky
6. Keep passing the dough through the rollers, reducing the size in between, until you reach the smallest setting (about 1-2 mm thick)
* If you don’t have a pasta machine you can use a rolling pin, it may just take longer, but make sure you get it nice and thin*
7. Lie out each strip of pasta once it’s the correct thickness & cut into 2-3 cm square pieces – if they are too sticky sprinkle with more flour
8. Place ½ tsp of filling into the middle of each square piece of pasta & fold on the diagonal, corner-to-corner – you need to pinch the two side together until they stick, so if necessary use a tiny dab of water to stick
9. Once you have your triangle filled piece of pasta, fold the two bottom corners over on each other, overlapping in the middle & pinching until attached – use water to stick if necessary
10. Repeat this step until you have used up all of the pasta & all of the filling, placing them to one side when complete
11. Once all of your ingredients are combined & your tortellini are made, bring a pan of water to the boil, adding a pinch of salt
12. When the water is boiling, submerge the pieces of pasta for a coule of minutes – when they float they are cooked!
13. Drain the water, sprinkle with a touch more pepper - serve, share & ENOJY!
*This filling is THE most delicious flavor, but for a little added extra - heat up some sage & butter in a pan then drizzle all over… If you’re really trying to impress!*