Red Onions (1 per person)
Large Tomatoes (2 per person)
A Satsuma ot Two...
As much garlic as you like
Salt & Pepper
FOR ALL THE FLAVOUR
A bird (partridge for one, medium chicken for four etc...) & carrots (I love a variety of heirloom!)
FOR THE BITE!
1. Tomatoes, onions & garlic - peel, chop & pop in a pan
2. Wash carrots, slice satsumas, strip rosemary - place on top of other ingredients in the pan
3. Cover all of the items in the pan with olive oil (I love an organic extra virgin, but any is fine!) - then sprinkle salt & pepper all over!
4. Take your bird, rinse and place in the middle of the pan, cover the skin with as much salt & pepper as you like - put into the oven and cook for as long as needed (most labels with state how long in the oven, per kg)
5. Once golden (my little partridge took 25 mins at 180c), take out and put the bird and carrots to one side - cover in foil to stay warm
6. Peel the satsumas and then place them and all the other ingredients from the pot into a tall flask or bowl (high-sides are a must!) and using a hand blender - blend until smooth
7. Plate up - sauce, bird & carrots then sit down & DEVOUR!!