Brown rice flour
FOR THE PIES
last weeks mince meat
FOR THE FILLING!
HOW TO MAKE 12:
1. 1 cup of salted butter – chop into small squares & combine with 1 ½ cups of brown rice flour (plain flour is fine but I like to avoid gluten where possible) mix between fingers to create a crumb-like consistency
2. 1 egg, 1 cup caster sugar – add to the butter & flour mix & fold
3. once all combined, take the ball of mix & place on a light dusting of flour, fold in on itself a few more times, cover in cling film & leave in the fridge for 10 minutes
4. roll out the pastry on a light dusting of flour, to 3mm – cut to the correct size, then place into tray
5. 1 1/2 tsp mince meat – place in centre of each pastry base
6. 1 egg – beat & brush over each pastry side, cut out lids from remaining pastry & lightly brush with more egg, then place on top of mince meat
7. sprinkle icing sugar on top of each lid & make a small hole in each top
8. place in oven on a high heat for 15 minutes – bake, cool, then SHARE!